By working with Alliance partners, customers can build an end-to-end solution within a tried and tested supply chain.
To supplement our ‘core competencies’ EnSilica look to build partnerships with other companies through the ‘EnSilica Alliance Program’. The aim of the program is to identify a portfolio of companies that can provide complementary skills to ourselves and form part of an overall technical solution for the customer.
- Atmel is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of microcontrollers, advanced logic, mixed-signal, nonvolatile memory and radio frequency (RF) components. Atmel’s AT91CAP is an ARM microcontroller-based system-on-chip with fast local memory, a wide range of industry standard peripherals and interfaces, and a Metal Programmable (MP) Block that allows the designer to add custom logic. EnSilica is pleased to partner with Atmel on CAP products. CAP’s rapid turnaround and cost effectiveness combined with EnSilica’s design experience and systems knowledge will create value for UK customers.
- Fujitsu Microelectronics Europe (FME) is a major supplier of semiconductor products. The company provides advanced systems solutions to the automotive, digital TV, mobile telephony, communications, networking and industrial markets. Engineers from design centres dedicated to microcontrollers, graphics controllers, mixed-signal, wireless, multimedia ICs, ASIC products and software development, work closely with FME’s marketing and sales teams throughout EMEA to help satisfy customers’ systems development requirements.
- LFoundry is a leading analog / mixed signal silicon foundry with a 200 mm production line, providing access to manufacturing services down to an advanced analog 0.15 µm CMOS technologies with innovative extensions. LFoundry provide services in the following areas: 2nd Source Manufacturing, Pure-Play Foundry and Joint Technology Development. Based in Europe, LFoundry is in an excellent position to support a broad portfolio of customers, including those seeking high flexibility and technology customisation. With a long history of SmartCard manufacturing, securely managing customer I.P. is not an issue, creating a high-confidence customer partnership.
- MOSIS provides access to fabrication of prototype and low-volume production quantities of integrated circuits. MOSIS lowers the cost of fabrication by combining designs from many customers onto multi-project wafers (MPW), significantly decreasing the cost of each design. MOSIS also offers single-customer dedicated runs.
- Xilinx introduced the world’s first FPGA (field programmable gate array) to the market in 1985, and since then tens of thousands of design engineers have exploited its flexibility, re-programmability, functionality, performance and capacity to build an impressive array of innovative new products. As a Certified Member of the Xilinx Alliance Program, EnSilica can provide the key engineering knowledge and experience to maxmise the capabilities of the technology and accelerate your time to market.
- TowerJazz manufactures integrated circuits for more than 200 customers worldwide. The vision is to be the world leader in specialty foundry solutions as measured by our customers, employees and investors. TowerJazz achieved the highest percentage of growth in 2010 vs. 2009, becoming the #1 specialty foundry worldwide. TowerJazz strive to provide customers one source for a broad range of customized technologies and unique design enablement platforms to enable diverse solutions, and continue to increase our manufacturing capacity in multiple regions to meet customers’ growing needs.
- Dongbu HiTek are a pure-play semiconductor foundry dedicated to serving fabless companies, integrated device manufacturers (IDMs) and systems companies worldwide. With its focus on adding high value to each customer’s chip design, Dongbu HiTek consistently delivers strong technical support and ample manufacturing capacity as the company continually expands its portfolio of processing options. Dongbu HiTek’s global workforce of approximately 2,000 employees offers world-class expertise in deploying the most advanced logic and mixed-signal processing technologies. Specialized expertise in implementing CMOS image sensor, high-voltage and embedded flash functions highlight the pure-play foundry’s processing capabilities.
- Custom Interconnect Limited provides a complete and comprehensive Electronics Manufacturing and Product Testing Service to a full range and mix of clients across a wide range of market sectors. Highly versatile and agile, Custom Interconnect provides lower to medium volume high mix products. With 6 Surface Mount Lines we can provide rapid turn-around of early models to full production quantities. With our extensive complement of AOI, Flying Probe Testers, and X-Ray our product testing and verification is equally complete. Custom Interconnect is an engineering based company of long standing, specialising also in the placement and wire bonding of bare die, complex sensors and array’s at CIL’s own facility and one of the UK’s largest Automatic die and wire bonding providers.
- EBV Elektronik, an Avnet Company, was founded in 1969 and is one of the leading specialists in European semiconductor distribution. EBV’s excellent distribution and support network complements EnSilica’s design expertise. With a common goal to meet and exceed customer expectations, EnSilica can work with EBV and their franchises to offer a broad range of products and services to mutual customers. Together we can assist with the design and implementation of reference platforms and final products, which can include hardware, embedded linux drivers, and real-time operating systems.
- Arrow Europe is a distributor of semiconductors, passive and electromechanical components and embedded solutions. The company is a global supplier of products, services and solutions for industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. It is headquartered in USA. As a specialised distributor, Arrow is your one-stop shop for everything you need – from individual electronic components to complete technical applications. The distributor Arrow Electronics has a broad product range and brings together state-of-the-art technologies under one roof.
- The Cadence Verification Alliance Program is a network of expert providers of services, training, and IP development that support Cadence verification solutions. Available worldwide, Cadence Verification Alliance members are renowned for helping Cadence verification customers to accelerate adoption of new technologies and for dramatically improving the productivity of verification teams with their years of experience and reusable verification IP.
- The Questa Vanguard Program (QVP) extends Mentor Graphics’ breadth of design and verification technologies through partnership with other industry-leading companies that provide verification related tools and methods, verification IP, conversion services, training and consulting. EnSilica’s verification services cover traditional techniques and advanced methodology which includes assertions, coverage-driven verification, transaction level modeling, OVM classes, and constrained random testing.
The key criteria for a company to join the Alliance Program are:
- Provide a capability not available from EnSilica
- Have a solid reputation within the industry as a high quality, reliable and trustworthy company
- Willing to invest time working with EnSilica to share information / knowledge so that the selection of an alliance partner + EnSilica will deliver real benefits to the customer, in terms of overall project execution and success.
If you are interested in becoming an Alliance partner, then please contact us.