Industry Leading Capabilities
Compared to current ADAS processing methods, eSi-ADAS offers a number of significant benefits:
- Short and long range radar modes
- Real-time tracking of hundreds of objects
- Support for Range, Doppler and Azimuth
- Offload of radar target processing from the ECU
- Up to 10x lower power
Ultra Fast, Ultra Small & Ultra Low-Power
The compact, low gate-count architecture of the eSi-ADAS co-processor enables the high bandwidth and computationally intensive operations involved in plot extraction and tracking to be quickly and efficiently processed at the radar receiver stage, significantly reducing the load and overhead on the main ADAS system ECU, CPU or DSP and at the same time boosting overall ADAS capabilities.
Operating on range, velocity and angular measurements eSi-ADAS applies advanced digital processing techniques including 3D Fast Fourier Transforms, burst averaging to improve signal-to-noise ratio, Constant False Alarm (CFAR) detection and Kalman Filtering. These operations all take place in real-time to constantly update hundreds of objects and their associated movement.
To provide the most precise plot extraction eSi-ADAS operates in conjunction with a fast chirp capable RF stage and multiple receive channels. EnSilica has implemented its patented techniques to overcome the disadvantages usually associated with processing fast chirp modulation, notably its high computational and memory requirements.
eSi-ADAS : Technical Overview
- Provides all processing steps from ADC to object list and/or point cloud
- Can process multiple antenna systems with 100s of virtual antennas
- Uses advanced processing methods such as super resolution – MUSIC, Capon, MinNorm
- Real time extraction and tracking supporting many hundred of plots
- Low-latency – track updates in 10s of milliseconds
- Combined LRR and SRR object tracking
- Available as a hardware controlled solutions or as individual accelerators for software controlled solution
An FPGA-based module is available to enable the full capabilities of the eSi-ADAS co-processor to be evaluated. EnSilica’s Radar and ASIC experts can provide integration support for other FPGA platforms or design and supply a custom ASIC.